- Open Firefox as you normally would
- In the address bar, type "about:config"
- You'll be brought to a warning page, click "I'll be careful, I promise!"
- In the filter box on the configs page, type in "browser.search.defaultenginename"
- Double click on the row "browser.search.defaultenginename"
- Enter your favorite search provider's name in the pop-up box (value)
- Hit OK
Friday, September 11, 2009
Change Default Search on Mozilla Firefox
In my last post, we talked about how to search from the Windows 7 Start Menu. If you're a Mozilla Firefox user, and you've tried the Start Menu search from my last post, you would realize that Firefox defaults it search engine to Google (even if your actual search bar, located on the top right corner in the browser, is set to an alternative search engine). In this post, we'll go through a simple trick to set your Firefox's default search engine to your favorite search provider: