- Learn more from the SmugMug official site
- SmugMug full feature list and account types
- SmugMug help/FAQ
I chose to go with SmugMug instead of Flickr mainly because of SmugMug's image protection and privacy controls. Although the Flickr community is a lot more active than SmugMug's, I prefer keeping my photos safe with SmugMug's size restriction and right-click protection. I also wanted to have the ability to customize my site (a feature that Flickr lacks). However, I will probably make use of the free Flickr basic account to upload low resolution version of my photos and point them to SmugMug to gain some audience.
If you're trying to find an online home for your photos, I strongly recommend you to give SmugMug a try:
Third-party tools that I use to interact with SmugMug:
- Jeffrey's "Export to SmugMug" Lightroom Plugin - export and upload to SmugMug directly from Lightroom
- Facebook App: Simple Mug - automatically pulls your SmugMug updates to your Facebook feeds (you can also choose to show private SmugMug galleries to your Facebook friends, but that requires the gallery to be external link enabled and password free)
Reviews on SmugMug:
So where is my SmugMug site?
- Vivien Siu Photography - http://viviensiu.smugmug.com/
Feel free to leave comments, photoranks (hover over a photo to give thumbs up/down), etc. You don't need a SmugMug account to leave comments/photoranks :)